Fundraisers to Win a Mentor
Bellus Academy is raising funds in a national competition to win a one-of-a-kind mentoring experience with a beauty and wellness icon. The action begins in January and continues through February.
The BCL Mentorship Experience is a national fundraising competition among beauty schools. Beauty and wellness students across the U.S. are competing to win a day of on-campus mentoring from an icon in the industry. The two schools raising the most funds – and one randomly selected “wildcard” school – will receive a day of learning and inspiration from an industry legend. Funds raised benefit the Beauty Changes Lives Foundation, a 501c3 non-profit that awards tuition scholarships to beauty and wellness students.
The opportunity has sparked fierce competition. Mentors include: Andrew Carruthers, education director of the Sam Villa company; Jen Planck, master stylist and inspirational speaker; Yolly Ten Koppel, global Artistic Educator, Pivot Point International.
Here are the fundraisers at Bellus Academy campuses that you can participate in to help win some money. Details will be added as they become available.
- Green Ribbons for $1 to both clients and students
- Raffle tickets for $3 / Valentine’s Day Package- Blow out, Mani/Pedi, Haircut
- Bake Sale Table $5
- Family Day – $5 Face Painting / Photo Booth
- Fashion Show in the evening $20 ticket
- Jean Day / Professional Dress for $3 and $20 for the whole week
- Spin the wheel of prizes for $5. The wheel will be at the front where anyone can spin daily. On the wheel will be chances to win services & products/ Grand Prize will be a package.
- Pie Eating contest
- Mizutani Scissor Giveaway
- Cut A Thon!
- Wine & Painting in the evening
- Lynelle Lynch, owner of Bellus Academy, is graciously donating $50 to BCL for every student that brings in a potential referral to the campus for enrollment.
EL CAJON CAMPUS
- Beauty + Art After Dark (February 24 at 5pm) Join us for a night of music, mingling, art and raffle prizes to raise money for Beauty Changes Lives. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the cause. $20/person. Must screen shot donation receipt (minimum donation of $20) and show at the door for entry. Tickets available at the door for cash only. Appetizers and beverages included in ticket price. For questions contact Zoie rose: firstname.lastname@example.org Make your donation for your ticket now
- Saturday, February 10 is all about family. A workshop for parents will offer tips on styling simple buns, braids and trending kid looks as well as tips for caring for the special needs of multi-racial hair. In the afternoon, esthetic students will provide skin care workshops for teens and parents. The “bonding and beauty” parent events are $25 per duo.
- On Sunday, February 11, a “look and Learn” will include a hands-on cutting class as well as demonstrations on live models. The hands-on class is $250 and the model demos are $50/ticket.
NATIONAL CITY CAMPUS
- Barbering, bake sales and baskets are just some of the fundraising efforts underway in National City
- Throughout February, students and staff can wear jeans for $2/day or $10/week.
- In honor of Valentine’s Day, romance-inspired baskets will be raffled for $5
- On February 17, the campus will host a Barber Battle and a Look and Learn Event, with tickets priced at $25
- Clients can help students in their fundraising efforts by purchasing a VIP Membership raffle ticket for just $5