Advanced Barbering -Night Program
Comprising 1500 hours, the Advanced Barbering night program in Manhattan, KS addresses hair analysis, classic barbering techniques, advanced barbering hair cutting and hair coloring curriculum, signature cuts, men’s skin care, and shaving.
Students also learn essential health and safety concepts, including laws and regulations, sanitation and disinfection, and anatomy and physiology. To support your professional development, the advanced barbering program covers fundamental business knowledge, such as online marketing, brand development, client retention strategies and tax information. Eligible students may also participate in externships with local resorts and spas, community service, and off-site learning.
- Receive comprehensive barbering training for both the artistry and business of this timeless profession
- Discover the latest trends and fashion in men’s grooming
- Learn everything from cutting to shaving
- Learn the business side of the industry, including retailing, sales techniques and financial management
- Compete in national competitions
- Refine your hands-on skills by working with clients on our busy clinic floor
- Explore externship and job opportunities in top spas and resorts that we’ve partnered with
- Develop your portfolio and resume
- Receive assistance with job placement, interviews and state board prep
- Financial Aid is available to those who qualify