November News at Bellus Academy!
Bellus Inspiration Manager Lindsey Washbourne’s blog was recently featured in The Goods Magazine.
Enjoy ringing in the New Year with New Trends!
The new year is always an exciting time for hair – colors are softer, textures are sophisticated and everyone is itching for some element of change, be it subtle or extraordinary. As a Master Colorist with Wella Professional, my eye is always first drawn to color. When seasons change, the first thing we always see is a change in palette. Our year of 2013 was the year of reds – from strawberry to copper to to fire engine to burgundy. As we transition to 2014, I anticipate a shift into more muted and matte tones with a high shine finish. Smokey apricots, muted golds and taupe browns with hints of dusty plums and pinks will be center stage for spring. Don’t expect the rage of transitional color (i.e. “Ombre”) to go away, but do expect it to take on a much more sophisticated and subtle nature. Think more bleeding color with little contrast, similar to a watercolor painting. Click Here to Read More
Fall Back into Education at Bellus Academy Scholarship available!
Up to $1,000* Fall Scholarship towards your Beauty & Wellness Education when you enroll by December 3, 2013!
Bellus is proud to announce that an iPad loaded with the Nick Education App and Bloom.com, the Largest Social Beauty Network, has been added to our Cosmetology kits! Bellus is also the first school to offer Primal Pictures which is a 3 dimensional online training tool that illustrates anatomy for our Massage Students! Accredited by NACCAS. Financial Aid Available (must qualify). Programs vary by location
Benefits of Attending Bellus:
17 Advanced Beauty & Wellness Programs, plus Business and Financial Training
Courses offered in:
- Cosmetology & Advanced Cosmetology
- Esthetics (Skin Care)
- Massage Therapy & Holistic Health Practitioner
- Spa Nail Technician
- Make-Up Artistry
- Day & Evening Classes Available to fit your busy schedule
- Financial Aid Available (Must qualify)
- Career Placement Assistance
*For school Disclosure Information, please visit www.bellusacademy.edu
Call now to speak to an Admissions Representative 1-888-990-7094
The Massage industry… did you know?
According to AMTA 2013 Massage Therapy Industry Fact Sheet
Today’s massage therapists are…
· Most likely to enter the massage therapy profession as a second career.
· Predominantly female (85 percent).
· Younger than in the past. Forty-one percent are younger than 35 compared to 25 percent last year.
· Most likely to be members of a professional organization.
· Most likely to be sole practitioners
· Working an average of 17 hours per week providing massage. (Excludes time spent on other business tasks such as billing, bookkeeping, supplies, maintaining equipment, marketing, scheduling, etc.)
· Charging an average of $62 for one hour of massage vs. $59 in 2011.
· Earning an average wage of $31 an hour (including tips) for all massage related work.
· Heavily dependent on repeat clients.
· Likely to provide massage therapy in a number of settings, including clients’ home/office, spa/salon, their own office, a healthcare setting, health club/athletic facility, or massage therapy only franchise or chain.
· Use an average of seven modalities/techniques
· Eighty-nine percent (89 percent) of massage therapists provide Swedish massage, followed by 85 percent who provide deep tissue massage, 56 percent trigger point, and 53 percent sports massage.